St. John's Welcomes You
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you are welcome here.
Welcome to St. John's Episcopal Church, an urban parish worshipping God and serving God's people in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. Whether you are a long-time Episcopalian, a member of another Christian tradition, or a newcomer just seeking a deeper connection with God, you will find a home where you can deepen your spiritual journey. St. John's is located in the center of Norristown across from the Montgomery Courthouse complex on East Airy Street -- our home for the past 200 years. We warmly invite you come visit us.
A few things you will find helpful to know about St. John's:
- We are a diverse and growing congregation. When you visit you are likely to meet other newcomers to St. John's.
- We are a house of prayer for all people that fully engages the senses through the beautiful art and architecture of our sanctuary, our music, and through ancient ritual that is freshly conveyed in order to better engage the realities of contemporary life.
- We are committed to compassionate ministry among God's people, especially through the work of the St. John's Soup Kitchen that provides meals and a respite from street life for more than 600 people each week.
- We're glad to welcome you but will respect your need for space. But know that we are here are for you.
Thank you for visiting us on the web. We look forward to meeting you at St. John's.
The Rev. Dr. Scott Albergate
Rector, St. John's Episcopal Church
Ash Wednesday Week Schedule
Imposición de Ceniza
en Español y Inglés
Will be Presented by Father Scott Albergate on Ash Wednesday at 8:30 and 11:30 AM on the sidewalk in front of St. Johns.
- 12:15 PM Ash Wednesday Mass
- 6:30 PM Mass and Soup Dinner at All Saints
All Are Welcome!!!!!
"We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home any who have lost their way." -- St. Francis of Assisi
Sunday Worship Schedule
- Morning Prayer - 9:30 AM
- Sunday Mass - 10:00 AM